The INDYCARS made their way back to Road America for the Kohler Grand Prix in 2017 and it was a great show! Just like last year, I was able to secure credentials that allowed me access into the photo areas during the entire event. One of the best things about the IndyCar weekend at Road America is that there is plenty of racing to be had. The World Challenge series is there the same weekend, MX-5 Cup, Indy Lights, Mazda Pro and the USF 2000 gives you so much racing to see you are not going to know what to do with it all.
That creates a small problem for me, as the photographer. That is a lot to cover and even though it is over a 4-day period, you always feel like you are going to be missing something. However, this year, I tried hard to get photos from every single series on the track to post for you here. Below you will find my best shots from the 2017 Kohler Grand Prix.
What were the highlights of my weekend, besides getting photo credentials?
- Autographed photo of Ryan Eversley waving at me
- Being able to vlog the entire weekend for my YouTube channel
- Watching the start of the MX-5 Cup race from the inside of Turn 3
- Riding the moped around Road America taking in all of the great views
- Being able to photograph the trophy presentations from Victory Lane with all the great fans
So my highlights might not be typical of many other racing fans, but all in all, I had a great time. I hope you were able to enjoy yourself and if you are planning on going again in 2018, don't forget the deal that Road America has until September! I have it linked below and YES, that is my photo of Tony Kanaan :)